top of page

Ask Experts

Fill out this form to make queries to our experts.

Shop & Establishments Act Registration

Shop and Establishments Act Registration

The Shop and Establishment Act is regulated by the Department of Labor and regulates premises wherein any trade, business or profession is carried out. The act not only regulates the working of commercial establishments but also societies, charitable trusts, printing establishments, educational institutions run for gain and premises in which banking, insurance, stock or share brokerage. This act regulates areas such as working hours, rest interval for employees, opening and closing hours, closed days, national and religious holidays, overtime work, rules for employment of children, annual leave, maternity leave, sickness and casual leave, etc.,


  • Shop or Business Establishment address proof.

  • ID proof of the proprietor.

  • PAN Card of the proprietor.

  • Details of the employees.

  • Payment challan.

  • Additional business licenses necessary for starting the business, if any.

The following entities are required to obtain the Shop and Establishment Act Registration:

  • Retail and wholesale shops

  • Premises where services are rendered to customers including office

  • Workhouse or workplace used for trade or business

  • Theatre or place of public entertainment or amusement

  • Commercial establishment

  • Storeroom, warehouse or godown

  • Restaurant or eating house

  • Residential hotel

Request callback to know more about Shop & Establishments Act Registration

Thanks for submitting!

Contact us
bottom of page