Fill out this form to make queries to our experts.
Preparation of GSTR 9
GSTR-9 is the form used for filing GST annual return in a financial year. Form GSTR-9 is also used as a detailed account of supplies (outward or inward) that have been received and sent, under the acts CGST, SGST, IGST, and UGST.
Every person registered under the GST law where yearly turnover is less than Rs. 2 crores is required to file annual returns via form GSTR-9, while the reconciliation statement is filed using Form GSTR-9C.
Preparation of GSTR-9
A GSTR-9 format comprises 6 parts and 19 sections:
GSTR-9 format (Part 1) : In this part, basic details as registered under GST are recorded - Name, GSTIN, Trade Name, and Fiscal Year are received - when the GST annual return form is submitted on the portal
GSTR-9 format (Part 2) : The second part of the GSTR-9 format includes all the information related to outward supplies as filed for annual return under GST, for:
- Non-taxable As well as, credit and debit notes
GSTR-9 format (Part 3) : Part 3 of the format includes details on the input tax credit received and reversed for the financial year, for the following sections:
- Input tax credit declared in the annual return form;
- Input tax credit reversed:
- Input tax credit, others
GSTR-9 format (Part 4) : This part is for information on tax paid as stated in returns filed for the previous financial year. Details are to be provided as:
- The break-up of tax payable (in order of types of taxes paid).
- Tax paid through cash and input tax credit.
GSTR-9 format (Part 5) : Details of transactions made in the previous financial year and declared in any one of the quarterly returns filed in the same financial year or for the GST annual return filing (whichever is the earliest)
GSTR-9 format (Part 6) : Part 6 requires the following details:GSTR-9 format (Part 6) : Part 6 requires the following details:
- Refunds & Demands : Total refund claimed, sanctioned, rejected, pending, the total taxes demanded and total demand pending.
- Supplies from composition dealers (small taxpayers under GST who pays the tax at fixed rates), deemed supplies, etc.
- HSN (Harmonized System of Nomenclature) classified summary of supplies
- Fees paid and payable for delayed return filings.